Friday, March 28, 2014

Cycle 2, Week 24 {Review Sheets}

{Blank Review Sheet}
{Fill-in-the-Blank Review Sheet}

Here are my Week 24, Cycle 2 Review Sheets, both the Blank ones and the Fill-in-the-Blank ones.  The full PDF set of each of them are found on the Cycle 2 Resources page

Ways I use these...
Now, I print a set off for each kiddo.  (Older two, do both, younger one does FIB.)  Day 1, they do straight copy work into a spiral.  Day 2, FIB.  Day 3, History Sentence.  Day 4, Blank.  When finished, they go into our CC binder.

I used to put them in page protectors and let the older kids go at them with a dry erase marker.  The page protectors helped me on my paper usage, since they fill them out more than once and I had multiple kids using them.  My 5th and 3rd grader would use the Fill-in-the-Blank Sheets the first couple days after CC. We listen to the CDs at least once a day, so they were usually able to fill these in with minimal help.  My 1st grader would use the Fill-in-the-Blank version on paper, with a pencil toward the end of the week.  Then the two days before CC, I had the older two fill out the Blank Sheet with what they knew.  This let me know if there was anything we needed to work on before proofing.

Why I changed....I decided that paper usage was worth my sanity. :)  They can work at their own pace and are not waiting for a sibling to finish.  Dry erase markers don't come in super-fine tipped (there's your million $ idea!!!) and it was hard for me to read and correct.  I also wanted them to see their work when review for Memory Master.

If you want your own copy, click the link to PDF from the Cycle 2 Resource page. You can also save the image from this page, but make sure your printer settings are set to letter size paper.

Hope this helps you too!

Oh...the answers are in your foundations guide! ;)
(Don't want to mess with copy write issues!)

No comments:

Post a Comment