Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Story of the World Volume 2: The Middle Ages and Classical Conversations Timeline Cards

{Link to PDF}
I finally made it through Medieval times!  
Well, we are only a little over halfway through in school, but I read a little ahead so I could finish this chart. 

The great thing is....I've already used it!

I'm going to admit something to you all.  
I wasn't a huge History fan in High School.  I have absolutely no idea how I got an A....Every. Single. Year.  Well, I love it this time around!  I'm learning right along with the kids.

That's not actually what I'm admitting tho.....its that I had no idea what the Magna Carta was.....is.   

We were in Chapter 19 of the Story of the World Middle Ages and as I got to the part about the "Magna Carta" I thought, huh....what?  Well, I had heard it before, but couldn't explain to the kiddos what it was.  My "aha" moments coincide with the kids sometimes.  They started signing that part in the timeline song as I grabbed my chart, looked up Ch 19 and found it matched card 79.  So I pulled it out and read them more about it.  

Now we all know about it.  Win!  

Sure, I could have easily google it and looked at Wikipedia, but its great when I'm able to connect the dots for them using something we are already studying.

Anyway....I hope you get as much use out of this as I am.  

For my Story of the World Ancient Times sheet, go here.

Early Modern Times will be a bit, unless I get some free time.

Ha!

Free time.....hmmm....might have to look that one up on Wiki....not sure I know what that is either.
 

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute and funny. I totally relate to what you are saying above and it is refreshing!! Thank you for sharing your work with us!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing what you create, it has been a part of my homeschooling for the past 2 years. I was wondering if you made the same type of sheets for Vol 3 & 4 of SOW & CC Timeline. Just curious, bc I would want those too! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this please make the reference for the next 2 volume of STOW! I greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete